The 1921 Canada Census

Finally, the 1921 Canada Census is available.  I decided to try to find my Italian grandparents who I believed were living in either St. Thomas or Brantford, Ontario, Canada at the time. I browsed through St. Thomas first and didn't find them.  Then on to Brantford, and I found them in the 22nd district I looked in.  Here they are check out line 17:

Click to enlarge


This answered a couple of things for me.  First, that my mom really was born in 1919, because she is listed as age 2 in this census.  And, my grandpa was a inspector working for the gas company.  My Aunt did tell me something about that many years ago.  This is the first time, I have seen my mother listed on any census.

My grandmother, mom, and Aunt Eva
Now, I wonder if this picture was taken at that house.  My mom told a story about living on Buffalo Street and seeing a vision of a young girl climbing up a ladder.  You can read more about the story by clicking here.   It's exciting to me to find my mom and her family on the census living in the house where she describes this story. 

Comments

Popular Posts