Street Names Are Important

This past year while searching for more information on my very elusive Crowley family I found two more little boys belonging to Jeremiah Crowley and Mary Finnicane.  It seemed there were missing children so I did a search just using parents names, on FamilySearch.org.  I found a Timothy Crowley, born 3 June 2874 in Somerville, Massachusetts and a Michael Crowley born 7 Jun 1877.  There are so many Jeremiah Crowley's in this area that have wives who are named Mary it can be difficult to know positively you have the correct family.  However, there was one very helpful piece of information in these records.  That was Fitchburg Street.  I know from the birth record of my grandfather, John Thomas Crowley that the family lived on this street. 
So, when I noticed the street    names on these records I got very excited.  And, knew I had the correct family. 
 Unfortunately,  both of these little boys died at a young age.  Timothy was five years old and Michael was just 
an infant. It is important to look at every little piece of information on a 
record to determine if you have the right family. I was hoping to find a maiden for 
Mary Finnicane because there are many different versions of her name.  But, I am grateful to have found both these little boys to add to the family. It is interesting that I have two brothers named Timothy and Michael.  I wonder if my Dad knew about his little uncles that died young. I wonder if there are more children hiding. 

















Comments

Popular Posts