Maddelena Del Monte from Terracina, Italy

Source:  
Registri dello stato civile di Terracina (Latina), 1871-1910 INTL Film 2100778 record number 80 p.s.


Here is a copy of the death record for Maddelena Del Monte that I recently found.  It is very difficult to read.  The image was double exposed or something.  Very unfortunate.  However, there is still some very helpful information on the record.  The red arrow is her name, surname first.  The light yellow arrow is her mother's name Rosa Rocca.  The blue arrow is her father's name.  I'm still not sure about this, but the translator at the Family History Library thought it was Cosimo.  The bright yellow arrow says she was born in Terracina.  And the green arrow says she was the widow of Saverio Laurora.  Right after her name it says that she was 62 years old.  Somewhere on the document, I don't quite remember where it says something about that she died at the "hospital yesterday".  The record is dated 21 Aug 1880.  

My next step, I believe, to learn more about this family is to write to Italy and try to obtain a Certificate of Family Status.  I would like to know when and where they were married and what other children were in the family. 

By the way, I just think Maddelena Del Monte is a very beautiful name, don't you??  

Comments

Popular Posts